Saturday, August 27, 2011

Best movie of the summer.

I have seen a lot of movies this summer -- the last Harry Potter movie, Green Lantern, the latest Pirates of the Carribean, Captain America, Cowboys and Aliens (yuk!), and others.  But the one I saw most recently I must rank as the best, and considering what a huge Harry Potter fan I am, that is something.  And it is (tah-dah!)  Conan the Barbarian. 

When I was a teenager, I read all the Conan books the 2nd hand bookstore had, and loved them all.  The Conan movies of 30 years ago, starring the Governator, were entertaining, but this new version is marvelous.  It captures the essence of the books far better.  Too bad it has so much nudity, which makes it off limits to kids. 

I live.  I love.  I slay.  I am content.  

2 comments:

  1. Well, I must say that the previews had left me looking forward to Cowboys and not too excited about Conan, but Cowboys didn't get good reviews and as you say Conan is said to be pretty true to Howard's books. So I will skip Cowboys and go see Conan after payday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, in reference to a question you had a while back about "cheesecake" on my blog - the compliment to cheesecake is "beefcake" which I believe was one of your favorite features of both Conan and Thor. Hope that clears things up.

    ReplyDelete