Thursday, September 22, 2011

Tempest....chapter 3

Several new things happened in the last few days in this ongoing soap opera.  New irregularities in campus records were uncovered, with details in the local paper.  The hearing date has been set--it will be in about 4 weeks.    The hearing will be public, but it will be in the state capital, which will be too far away for most of us to manage.  Too bad. 

We were all notified that all full time employees are (for all practical purposes) required to fill out a survey, which will not be anonymous, but is supposed to be confidential.  The state board seems to be as serious as it can be about going into the hearing with as much ammo as they can scrape together.

The good news is that our acting president is doing a lot to improve the atmosphere around here, and spirits are lifting. 

My spirits has been good for a while!  And little things tend to cheer me up.  I have discovered candle warmers, which allow me to enjoy the scent of a perfumed candle in my office without having an open flame.  Our department chair brings muffins to our meetings.  The weather is lovely.  My sewer is giving me no problems at all.  The lawn has been mowed, probably for the last time this season.  I just got a promotion and a small raise.  What a deal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment