Monday, December 26, 2011

Great Christmas!

I just returned from Seattle, where I spent a lovely 5 days with my son and his wife.  They are very much into amateur theater, especially musical theater.  My son plays woodwinds for the orchestras as he can, and his wife is into costuming.  They were both doing shows this month, so I was blessed to see both of the shows on their complementary tickets while I was there.  What a treat!  Both shows were great.  And, my son and I went up the famous Seattle space needle and got our picture taken.  My daughter-in-law is a gourmet cook, so I ate very well, including an all-fondue dinner on Christmas Eve. 

I can't keep up with all the musical instruments my son is into, so I asked him what he had while I was there.  He has 4 saxaphones (soprano, alto, tenor and bari), two clarinets (B-flat and E-flat), a flute, piccolo, and oboe.  The oboe he just began about 2 months ago, but with the others, especially the saxes and clarinets, he is quite good.  He is also not shabby on the guitar and keyboard.  All of this puts him in demand on the amateur musical theater curcuit.  Forgive me for a little bragging, but he is my favorite son.  (He is also my only son.)

I had realized recently that I must bite the bullet and purchase my first laptop computer, so while I was there I took advantage of my tech-y family to advise me on the purchase and take me around to computer stores.  I settled on and purchased an HP 14" laptop.  I'm glad I bought it while I was there because they were also of great help in getting it set up and loaded with software, some of which was their gift.  No, I am not up-to-the minute on every new PC this and that, but I was smart enough to get the personalized help of not one, but two Microsoft people who are far ahead of even the "normal tech-y smart" people that I know.  So, who's REALLY the smart one, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too! I'm glad you got to spend Christmas with family.

    ReplyDelete