Saturday, January 5, 2013

My baby boy???

I was able to visit my baby boy (who is now 36) over Christmas, and received several surprises. 
A lot has changed in the year since last I saw him.

1.  This child who would not come within several feet of most vegetables was snacking on celery, carrots, raw cauliflower, and other such items. (I don't even eat celery.  Nasty stuff).
2.  He is training to compete in a triathalon.  This involves arising at 5:30 a.m. most mornings for either an intensive swimming class or similar difficult workout.  5:30 a.m. for something he doesn't have to do.  Did he have a twin?  I don't remember giving birth to twins.
3.  He is eating onions.  This is the same son who would not even taste his uncle's spaghetti sauce because he spotted a piece of onion in it. 
4.  He is drinking herb tea.  (more nasty stuff).
5.  He has never been what one would call chubby (except for a brief period when he was 10 or so), but now he is thinner and more muscular than ever.  He was complaining about having trouble finding clothes that fit. 

   I don't think I would have been more surprised if he had started wearing fingernail polish (which he wasn't, thank God.)  Just goes to show...you never know when our offspring will change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment