Saturday, February 2, 2013

Movie Review - Hansel and Gretel

I had a little free time last weekend and I thought I would take in a movie.  I picked Hansel and Gretel, Witch Hunters.  Bad choice.

Normally, I have no trouble suspending disbelief for fantasy-type movies, and this one sounded interesting.  It starts with the traditional children's tale, then the premise is that these two grow up to be professional witch hunters, hired by villages to get rid of children-eating crones.  It could have been very entertaining.  Parts of it were interesting - a very few parts - such as what really happened to their parents.

But somehow, in the middle of midieval Europe, Hansel and Gretel have machine guns.  Also, it seems that because of the original incident in which the twins are forced to eat a lot of candy,  Hansel somehow develops type 2 diabetes, and must inject himself with insulin every 2 hours, with a very midieval-looking syringe.  It is never made clear where the insulin came from. 

At one point in the movie, a group of people behind me started laughing out loud in a spot where I really doubt the movie producers intended humor.  You get the idea.  Just too stupid for words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment