Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pointing and laughing.

It is the next-to-last day of finals week.  A student in the next room is taking his final for the directed study we did this semester.  He did fairly well in the course, so I am expecting a pretty good score on the test.  The rest of my work is as close to caught up as it generally gets.  I spent some of this week sorting my accumulated things-to-do into two piles:  "Do it NOW"  and "It could wait until after Christmas."  Almost everything in the "Do it NOW" pile is done, so I'm feeling pretty good.   As it was in my previous job, the administrative work takes more time than the school says it ought to. 

In the meantime, when I get a few minutes to think about things other than work or other day-to-day life tasks, it is great to think about my retirement plans.  Now that I know when I am retiring (next summer), and where I will be going (back down south to my home state), I can think about what I will be doing.  I have a very long list of things I would like to do!   A friend who recently (a year ago?) retired told me he was still adjusting.  My cousin has also been retired about a year, and she told me she has still not adjusted.  With so many things I want to do, I believe it will  take me about a week to adjust.  Maybe not that long!  Maybe 45 minutes. 

In a conversation last week at a Christmas get-together, the subject turned to the upcoming Mega Million lottery.  One of the guys said that if he won a big lottery sum, his plans were to point and laugh (I assume at the rest of us poor stiffs who did not win.)  I like that image!  I plan on doing pointing and laughing next summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment