Sunday, January 2, 2011

Winter to Summer to Winter

I'm back from my 3 legged holiday trip.  I left here (winter) on the 22nd, flew to Phoenix (summer) to spend several days with my son and his wife and her family and had a GREAT time, then flew to Bozeman, MT (winter again) to spend several days with my cousin, her son and family and had a GREAT time again.  Now, I'm home and totally exhausted, but glad I went.  Each flight required me to awaken at 3:00 or 4:00 a.m. or thereabouts, and of course, I can't really sleep well on the plane, and I didn't want to waste precious visiting time in napping, so I am trying to get caught up now. 

On the flight home from Bozeman, we were delayed getting off the ground because it took more time than anticipated to clear the runway of several inches of snow, and then de-ice us.  So, we were sitting on the tarmac for 45 minutes.  It was warm, quiet, and dark, so I dozed off.  I woke myself with a particularly loud snore from my own nose, followed by everyone on the plane giggling.  I guess I'm glad I gave everyone a laugh, but I'm glad the plane was dark!!!    

1 comment: