Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Heads still rolling???

Last spring, I thought the last head had rolled in response to our scandals from a year or so back.  I'm not so sure now.  This summer, an administrator resigned, and the word was that he wished to go to school full time to get a doctorate in education administration.  Since his office was in no way  involved in the scandals (or so I thought), I believed this was the case.  Then, recently, I heard his departure discussed in those tones of voice that people use when they know something, but know they are not supposed to directly talk about it.  So, now I wonder. 

And I wonder about a senior staff member that suddenly quit this summer.  In the business office - i.e., money. 

Then, today, a sports coach resigned, effective immediately.  The scandal did report that some student athletes received scholarship amounts above and beyond what was proper, but I thought all of that was taken care of last year.  Are more heads rolling? 

Well, this new president seems to be really cleaning house. 

Every international student file for the last umpteen years is being audited, and I am one of the ones auditing them, since I am chair.  I got two files to look at this week.  One seems normal so far, though I am still in the process of going through it.  The other has a BIG problem!  It seems that this student has mastered the art of bilocation, that is, being in two places at once.  His Chinese transcript shows that he was studying in China during the same school year he was studying here.  How did he do that?? 

I'm not signing anything that says this is OK.  Lots of people signed off on fishy things in recent years.  Those people are looking for work now.  Not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment