Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Whew!

This is finals week where I work.  Today I will give my last final, then it's just grading and posting.  No more watching the clock to get to class, no more meetings, no more (for a while) tyrrany of the urgent.  This has been a very very busy semester, and I'm glad to see the back of it.  I have 3 (count them...3!) vacations planned for the summer, and I am looking forward to all 3 of them!  This is unusual for me, and I am feeling quite indulgent.  I need some indulgent.  Goes well with beer. 

Of course, there is a long list of work-related tasks scheduled for the summer.  Only in the summer do I have time for writing and publication, preparing for textbook/software changes, and so on.  But there is no clock watching or calendar watching on any of these, so it's much less stressful. 

My first vacation is going back to my old home state for visiting friends and family.  Can't wait!  

1 comment: